The Mental Health First Aid Certification Program is designed to provide certification, training, and skills for administrative staff and aims to enhance the confidence of staff to support patients who may be struggling with their mental health or in a mental health crisis. It also emphasizes the importance of self-care, developing healthy boundaries, staying within your role, and navigating to appropriate professional support.
Priority placement in the training will be given to those who have previously participated in this program. This program is being offered as a part of the “Adult Mental Health Practice Support Program” and therefore teams and practices who have staff who have participated in this training will have priority spaces for the admin staff working in their teams. The idea is to provide training for all members of the team in Mental Health.
Please email us, if you are an admin staff who meets the following criteria:
- Employed within our Primary Health Care system (not required to be an NSH employee).
- Have been granted manager/lead approval to participate in all aspect of the training.
- Are able to complete 1 to 2 hours of self-directed learning and attend 2, 4-hour virtual classroom sessions (total time 9-10 hours). Coverage for your admin role is required for virtual classroom time. The training is interactive and not a webinar.
- Have identified mental health as a learning need for you in your role.
For more information on this program visit: MHFA Standard (Virtual) | Mental Health First Aid
- Fall 2023 October 23 & 30th, 2023 12:30-4:30pm – FULL, with waitlist.
- Winter 2024: Dates TBD – FULL, with waitlist.
- Spring 2024: Dates TBD – spots available.