Attention: Nova Scotia Health Western Zone - Medical imaging clients at South Shore Regional, Queens General and Fisherman’s Memorial Hospitals
- Agfa’s Enterprise Imaging application will replace PACS/IMPAX at South Shore Regional, Queens General and Fisherman’s Memorial Hospitals in February 2023.
- IMPAX is used primarily by Diagnostic Imaging (DI), emergency departments, Orthopaedics and ORs to capture, manage and store medical images for patient care.
- Enterprise Imaging will be rolled out to the remaining zones over the next several months.
- Although much of the current functionality remains, Enterprise Imaging will offer better clinical workflows & collaboration, including a new collaborator tool that replaces IMPAX Instant messaging, allowing for visual collaboration on the study.
- To support DI departments and other clinical teams, project team members will be onsite during the Enterprise Imaging implementations to provide at-the-elbow support.
Reason for Change:
- The current IMPAX system is at end-of-life and this transition will set the stage for the latest innovations in digital storage of medical imaging.
- Review videos that demonstrate the functionality of the new Enterprise Imaging application at Enterprise Imaging website/training
- Review Frequently Asked Questions
- Visit www.nshealth.ca/enterprise-imaging for updates, resources and training opportunities.
- Print the following posters and place them in clinical areas.
- Contact EnterpriseImaging@nshealth.ca if you have any questions or feedback about this change.
Please share this information with those that are affected by this change within your facility.