Ready, Set, Send: Single-Entry Surgical Intake Model Launches March 31 via Ocean eReferrals
Join leaders from Nova Scotia Health and IWK Health to learn about the new Single-entry Surgical Intake Model, the new standard for how referrals will be sent and received in Nova Scotia.
In time it is expected all surgical referrals will flow through this model. Hear how the Ocean eReferral tool will streamline and coordinate access, support complete referrals, lighten the administrative load on providers and improve communication with patients and providers.
We’ll cover the new process from referral to consult, how our Central Intake Office can help direct referrals, the easy steps providers must take to get set up on Ocean, and more.
You will also get a preview of how this same tool is expanding to allow for quicker and easier Diagnostic Imaging requests as well.
You are invited to a Zoom meeting, hosted by Doctors Nova Scotia:
When: Mar 27, 2023 06:30 PM Halifax
Registration: Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMscuirqD8jGdJQsBWauJaShzZ8SxuDrwlG
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Dr. Greg Hirsch, Senior Medical Director, Nova Scotia Health Perioperative Surgical Services Network and Cardiac Surgeon
- Cindy Connolly, Director, Clinical Network, Nova Scotia Health Perioperative Surgical Services Network
- LeeAnn Larocque, Director Surgical Emergency and Rehabilitation Services Children’s Health Program, IWK Health
- Jennifer West, Manager, Adult Perioperative/Ambulatory Services, Breast Health and Midwifery, IWK Health
- Dr. Judy Rowe, Radiologist and Physician Lead, Diagnostic Imaging Informatics, Nova Scotia Health
- Kimberley Anderson, Network Leader, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services Network, Nova Scotia Health
- Celine D’Entremont, Diagnostic Imaging, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and MMGS, IWK Health
- Dr. Teresa Fortuna, Chief Diagnostic Imaging, IWK Health
More information, including step-by-step guides and videos, can be found on the new Nova Scotia Referral Resource Hub: www.referralsNS.ca